Friday, April 27, 2007

Dennis Prager Lecture

I saw Mr. Prager speak at the UofMN last week, and just heard his recap online. I can't begin to say how true his statements were.
I'm majoring in Public Relations, with a minor in RELIGIOUS STUDIES - which is a complete JOKE! My religious studies classes refer to history using "BCE, and CE" terms (to remain "neutral") - which is ALSO a joke! I'm given loads of information, but no way to process them into something useful for after college.
My PR major is somewhat useful, but surely not worth what I'm paying for in expenses for these credits. I could read a couple books and learn what I have been taught in four years!
I was surprised to see Professor Doyle introduce Mr. Prager, as I doubt his viewpoints are anywhere NEAR the right! Seeing and hearing this lecutre on campus was the only real "truth" I've been taught and can apply (aside from the Christian groups I'm involved with outside of class)!

It saddened me to see only a few students at the actual lecture, while most of the audience was comprised of right-winged adults who were expecting to hear a lecture they already agreed with before it began.
The impact would have been much more substantial had Mr. Prager spoke at the School of Journalism just a couple blocks away inside the heart of campus. That's where the leaders of the future reside and would attend a free lecture. Not the alumni center, where the lecture was poorly announced to the student body.
Maybe next time?

Shalom,
Micah
6:8

No comments: